About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Friday 14 March 2008

New medallion!!!

Here it is, the new medallion!!!
Shown above is the clay original as I removed it from the mold this morning. There was a little damage to one ear and a section of mane, but I'm happy to say that the original has (mostly) survived the mold-making process!
Here's a photo from above to show the thickness of the medallion. I planned to cast it complete with base but to be honest I really like it just on it's own. There are some very thin areas that will be tricky to cast, but hey - I like a challenge, hehe!

This is the mold, it's currently sat on my desk here at work (it had to cure overnight and I couldn't wait until later tonight to see if it had worked so brought it to work with me - impatient as ever!), though to be honest silicon is quite smelly so I don't think my colleagues appreciate it much!

So next up, tonight I will test out the new mold and take a couple of casts from it, hopefully it has worked well and I will be able to de-mold without damaging the casts (the undercuts are something else on this piece), I'll post more photos as I get copies!

Details on the competition to follow too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
I LOVE your new plaque/medallion as much as I loved your first one :) I'll definitely be ordering at least one when they become available.
Best!