About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Thursday 22 January 2009

My First Artist's Retreat

Well, I didn't know I'd be doing this last week, but this Sunday, I'm holding a little Artist's Retreat! A young sculptor hobbyist contacted me last week; she is working on a SM size sculpture and wanted to know about resins, rubbers, mold-making and so on. We got chatting about the different types of materials and their characteristics and I said "wouldn't it be great to meet up and go through all these things as an experiment together"... So, this Sunday that's exactly what we're going to do! I've asked along another friend of mine so it's turning into a group event. I'm really looking forward to it now; I've ordered a good selection of materials (that I'd have ended up buying at some point anyway, so no cost implications there) to add to those I already have and given how I love to experiment, that's quite a few! I'm now doing a little research into Health and Safety, just to make sure everything is legal and safe for the girls who are visiting, as they are both 16. Just in case I've ordered some water-based non-toxic resin, so at the very least they'll be able to do a spot of casting. I hate to have to think this way, but I would hate it more if there was an accident! I shall report back after the event, and will try to remember to take lots of photos so you can see what we got up to, whatever it will be, I think it will be colourful!!

No comments: