About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Sunday 30 May 2010

A little blog post

I haven't posted for ages, so I'm posting a quick blog while I have a few moments (sadly I've been THAT busy since the New Year).
I'm currently in West Yorkshire for a long weekend visit (very long, until Tuesday or Wednesday), visiting my good friend Beccy and her three Greyhounds with my Cocker Spaniel, Bruno.  It's been very hard to photograph them all together (as I'm sure any dog owner can relate to!), but here's one shot I have managed to get:

The scenery up here is amazing!  Hilly Yorkshire is a world away from the flat Northamptonshire landscape, the views here are truly awesome and typially impossible-to-capture using 2D photography!  Here is one attempt to capture it though, also shoing a trio of horses in a field we walked through (dogs with leads on, of course):


We walked along the "spine of the Pennines" today, the weather was beautiful, the wind was bracing and the dogs had an absolute ball running through the fields and woodlands.
Another of our friends, Ann, joined us today and we also visited the local pub with breathtaking panoramic views, complete with gorgeous British Bulldog sat in the dog-friendly bar (yey!).
Naturally, as with any friend-visit, the "cold snakes" were as entertaining as ever :o)


Back on-topic next time!

1 comment:

Lynn A. Fraley said...

Thanks for the glimpse of the gorgeous countryside there. Must still be chilly there as the horses have their blankets on. I bet you return home filled with inspiration for more of your lovely sculptures.