About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Drumroll please.........

CONGRATULATIONS to Drew Maidment and Ella Dixon!!!!!!!

The Fell Mare is now called Night Heather and the foal is called Moonlit Dale.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who joined in this annual fun!

Choosing the names from so many great suggestions was very tough! I had well over 600 entries and there were so many I would have been really happy with, but these names just work so well together and once I'd paired them they caught my imagination.... Fell ponies are usually very dark (night) with a small star (the moon or a star)... the foal stands in the light of his mother.... it just works, I hope you agree.  Of course they can be many types of small pony but having this abstract reference to the breed I have based them on seemed quite fitting.

(She could easily have been Heavenly Heather, and he was sooooooo very nearly called Yorkshire Dale...!) :D

After such a tough evening (almost five hours' intense work went into this decision!) I'm off to bed!  Good night all, enjoy the moonlight :)


No comments: