About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Tuesday 21 February 2012

What a Hullabaloo!

I’m sure you’ve now heard about the Utterly Horses Hullabaloo – a three day Model Horse event taking place in Newmarket in the UK during the three day Bank Holiday weekend (which just happens to include my birthday too!) in late August his year.

hullabaloonewsml

…well, again, I’ve been keeping secrets from you but I can now, finally tell all: I am to be attending this event, running a few workshops and…

…I’ll be sculpting the Hullabaloo SR resin!!!!

I’ve been invited to sculpt a limited edition foal model to represent Hullabaloo, then each time the event is repeated (hopefully each year, but that’s not confirmed yet), I will sculpt a new model showing the same horse growing up.  As this is the first year Hullabaloo is taking place, this year’s model will be a very young foal.

I would be keen to hear any opinions on this, but we are inclined to have Hullabaloo as a hunter type horse, as this is quintessentially British* and allows lots of scope for future years (I always think Hunters make very handsome yearlings!).  The foal will be lying down and may or may not have a base.  At this time we think it will be around Little Bit scale, as this is also suitable for Magpie (and some Schleich) models, so I am told.  It will be affordable (around the £20 figure) and is likely to be limited to those attending the show only.

This is as far as discussions have gone on this new little model, I am UBER excited about it and chomping at the bit to get started, but I want to complete my little Broodmare before moving on to the foal.

Regarding the workshops, following on from the popularity of the Medallion-making workshops that Joanie held at BOYCC last year, I now have the confidence to accept Becky’s (aka Utterly Horses Hullabaloo organiser) invitation to hold a number of workshops on this subject.  There will be at least one workshop held per day at the event and I am brimming full of ideas and information I want to offer the attendees.

It’s early days yet but this is mostly all I know.  I will be staying at the event and offering some models for sale (if I have any to sell then!), the little foal may be sold by me or via Breyer, I’m not sure just yet.  As I find out more, I’ll update you!

No comments: