About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Tuesday 21 February 2012

What happened?

Things were going so well, progress was steaming along on Pickle V3 but then…         …a few…

 image

…things…

image

…needed…

image

…to be…

 image

…sorted…

image

…out!

…the wedding plans took over!  They have been all-consuming recently, eating up all our spare time in a most delicious way, but refusing to allow me any creative time and preventing me from making any progress on anything whatsoever except my upcoming nuptials.

I’m still hoping to go to visit the Crabbet Arab stud soon, but for now opportunities to sculpt the larger scale models is virually nil.

I do have a couple of exciting updates for you though – I’ve been keeping this secret but now word is out I can talk about it.  Back towards the end of last year Lisa Bickford asked if I would consider sculpting a medallion for her show “Laughing Bear Live” to be held in Iowa in the US in June this year.  She set the show up to help out a very well liked and respected member of the hobby, Lynn Fraley with her medical expenses built up during her battle with colo-rectal cancer over the last year or so.  Lisa commissioned me to create a medallion and supply her with some molds so that she could cast and paint up the copies herself.

So, I am very pleased to be able to introduce “Ursus”:

Ursus

Ursus is a medallion measuring about 3.5 inches top to bottom, it is a low (BAS) relief.  I tried to capture Lynn’s sculpting style whilst keeping it my own work and I had immense fun sculpting the teeny tiny buckles and rosette.

Ursus can only be won through the Laughing Bear Live show, Lisa has all rights to it and I am not casting or selling these.

Lisa is ambitiously planning on casting and PAINTING over 200 of these medallions!!!  She is also casting a few copies with a round background – these will be called Ursus Major.  The name is derived from the “Bear” constellation (Ursus is Latin for Bear) – a fitting name for both a show dedicated to Lynn and the studio name Laf’n’Bear.  Some copies may be made available to help with fundraising for the show, please contact Lisa for more info on her plans.

No comments: