About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day

 

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Red heart I hope yours is full of love, inspiration and wonderful experiences be they with your partner, family, friends or collection

I’m pleased to present to you my latest medallions – they are not 100% complete yet but given their style I felt it important to reveal them today.  Meet…

ALBERT & VICTORIA

Duo Colour

These love-birds are a set of two separate medallions which go together to form a romantic heart-shaped combination. They are sculpted separately and will be cast individually, giving lots of lovely combination options.

Duo Clay

As you can see, Victoria (right) has a little way to go until she’s complete.  Albert (left) is almost done, I will cast a resin copy and then add the fine details such as veins and whisker bumps etc. before taking the production mold for him.

I plan to offer these medallions in a multitude of colours and combinations, they will receive my full range of casting options including:

  • clear resin
  • clear pigmented (wine gum style) resin
  • cold cast metals
  • pearls
  • sparkles
  • mixed-media combination casts (ie gold horse with bronze mane)
  • and of course, pure white Artist resin for you to paint as you wish.

I’m particularly excited about the clear resin options, as I now have the means to cast beautifully bubble-free models.  I plan to offer these with a smooth, glossy finish too.

Albert and Victoria will be available to order when complete, over the next few weeks.  Pricing details will follow shortly, they will be available to order from my Website Sales Page and I will add their PayPal buttons as soon as they are ready to order.

8 comments:

Jordan said...

O My Gosh I know I'll be saving for I love these two,you are such an awesome artist! I am going to make a note to myself to buy these two:)

Kelly's Studio said...

Thanks Jordan, that's a lovely thing to say!
I'll be sure to announce it when they're ready to order :)

Clare said...

Can't wait to get my hands on this pair!

Kelly's Studio said...

Hehe - me too Clare - I can't wait to have them finished so I can get cracking casting some colourful models - I've waited a LONG time to get back to my more experimental castings!

Jordan said...

No prob Kelly, just telling the truth:) good thing I've got some birthday cash saved up I'm definitely buying these two;)

Unknown said...

Can't wait to get my hands on a pair :D I hope I can get the Pearl and Sparkle finish :3

Kelly's Studio said...

I'll get some pricing info out soon, just have to order some materials and it depends on the price I get (it can vary).
Olivia, I'm looking forward to making some really colourful models in an array of styles :)

Unknown said...

Kelly! so good to see a new medallion from you! and that union jack! how the heck did I miss him! oh man I want one so bad he is sooo cute! those little crossed legs. your getting so darn good at foals! next a standing one at play ok?
Also loving the arab so far too. Hey are you ever going to finish that draft? I think we talked one time about a waste casting to play with? hey what about a collaboration? think about it! I am working on a few new pieces finally. Been so busy working on remakes for Sommer. I will be taking a break from that to get my won work done. Its been way to long since i have gotten a new piece larger than a medallion out. email me sometime! I did change emails incase you didn't know its solticestudio at gmail dot com
waiting to see some of this stuff from your last blog post hough.. you didn't post pics? something about the old resin you used to use or something, lol.
Becky Turner