About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Monday 27 October 2008

Fund-Raiser raffle

  • Hi All!
  • Today's blog is a bit of a plug for a raffle that is currently being held by my good friend Janice Williford, who is a fellow member of the The International Blessed Broodmare Project (TIBBP).
  • I may have mentioned previously, in my "drawing" phase a few weeks back that I had produced a little pen sketch inspired by an image I just found online. Well I wanted to donate it to TIBBP but wasn't sure how to present it. Janice told me to get it sent to her and to let her deal with finding a little frame and hopefully it could raise a few dollars (pounds, euros, yen...) for the cause.
  • Below is the sketch, that pad is about A5 size so it's not huge, you can even see a bit of a scale rule behind it which may illustrate the size too. In this photo the drawing is unfinished.

  • Well, Janice has done an amazing job of turning this little drawing into a lovely piece of art; she found and bought a beautiful frame that tones with the drawing perfectly, and also had a piece of matting (I call them inserts but I'm not sure of the official term) made up, with a very attractive double-cut to it which frames the image very nicely indeed!
  • Here is a photo that Janice took of the now complete artwork that is being raffled off. I will copy the terms of the raffle below as I don't want to miss anything out.

  • The artwork is the ORIGINAL drawing I did, it is signed and dated by me and I can supply all in-progress images to authenticate this if requested.
  • Tickets cost just $5 each, and ALL proceeds will be shared out in $25 blocks to the list of rescues that TIBBP supports (listed below).
  • There is no need to contact me about entry into the raffle, all queries should be directed to Janice but if you would like to contact me first then that's ok.
  • Good luck to all who enter, it'll be interesting to see to which country this piece is destined!

(The following text copied from the TIBBP Yahoo Group message from Janice, bullets added to help it read easier as blogger doens't like paragraphs!):

  • The link below shows the original artwork up for Raffle - tickets are only $5 each.
  • http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563575388RVcCqV
  • I will accept NON CREDIT and NON DEBIT PayPal, personal Checks, Postal Money orders for the tickets. Please email me if you need my address to mail a payment in, or you can paypal (NO CC/NO DEBIT CARD) to the following (piece the email together to use it please!) email address :
  • wistfuldreams2 (at) earthlink (dot) net
  • Please note in the PayPal subject line: TIBBP RAFFLE and in the comments how many tickets (although I SHOULD be able to add it up...heehee!) AND your mailing address should you win. IF sending payment by mail, please provide an email address for me to send you your ticket numbers as I will NOT be mailing stubs to people - this is a FUND RAISER not a fund spender! HEE! I will use the address off of your check or MO stub for the mailing if you win, so be sure they are correct!
  • Please feel free to forward this to your other Yahoo Groups that might be interested and ALLOW this sort of thing!
  • Thanks for looking and reading, hope to see your names popping up for raffle tickets! This item will make a LOVELY Christmas present so get your Raffle Tickets TODAY!! Janice Williford - Sales Manager for The International Blessed Broodmare Project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you have a drawing date, tell raffleindex.com to get it listed

Unknown said...

wow kelly! love the sketch! you are really good! Im very impressed!
Becky Turner
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com