About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Thursday 9 October 2008

You can lead a horse to water...

...but you can't be artistic if you're just not in the mood! . As I found out yesterday! . Ok let me put a bit of background into this - The MECs are next weekend, the MECs (Model Equine Championships) are the annual finals for the year's showing here in the UK, a model has to qualify to enter, very similar to NAN realy, but on a smaller scale. This year, I've sponsored a ring (the AR ring, yey!) and have some plans for awards and a surprise class or two, so I've been working on making the prize models (which I'm keeping secret until the show). On top of this I'm working on another (secret) sculpting project and trying to give a bit more time towards my recent drawing obsession. . Well, yesterday was a bad day; it started with a disagreement with colleagues, an upset friend and a computer that wanted to take an AGE doing anything (it's doing the same today, so I'm blogging while I wait for it to catch up), continuing when I got home and opened the post to find I'd underpaid a recent bill, resulting in a charge and another letter that appeared very threatening (turned out it was just "protocal" and was meaningless), and finally ended when, after looking to Adam to cheer me up and finding he'd also had a bad day we did't speak for abut an hour. I fixed that up by making some home-made coleslaw (with cottage cheese, lettuce, raisins and sunflower seeds - aka whatever needed eating up) which definitely broke the ice between us, and was amazingly quite nice (VERY odd for my cooking!). . Which brings me back to the point of this blog - after dinner last night I had a spare hour or so, and wanted to make the most of it as I rarely get that opportunity. So I sat there, and for the entire hour I fretted about "I need to do something" but I just couldn't get myself inspired enough to work on anything! . This is the first time I've found myself unable to bring myself to be creative - I've had a block before where I don't know how to progress, but never a complete lack of inspiration or inclination to approach any of my projects! It came as quite a shock to my system, but it did show me that a) my life is normally good, good enough to keep me constantly inspired, and b) yesterday WAS stressful, however unreasonable I felt about being a grumble guts. Oh, and c) my cooking tastes better if I crash about the kitchen in a foul mood when making it, hehe! . There's no more point than that to this blog, I was just so shocked at not being able to be creative, that I felt the urge to blog about it.

No comments: