About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Thursday 12 April 2012

The Broodmare has a new name...

...and it is:
Sweet Lullaby
Congratulations go to Kirsten Anderson for her name suggestions, Kirsten has won an unpainted copy of the resin, plus a copy of Very Little One to go with it.  Huge thanks go out to eveyone who entered my competition, it had well over 300 entrants with nearly 400 entries!
Deb Brown was again invited to paint up a copy of the model as Guest Artist, she has done it again with this fabulous finishwork capturing just the colour I wanted and I'm thrilled to share these photos with you.  I will take more photos once I receive the model back from Deb (it'll be hard to match these beautifully set images!), I'll pair her up with my Very Little Ones for another photo shoot to illustrate her alongside her foal and The Babysitter model too.
All info on the model can be found on my website - her info page is here and sales info and pricing can be found here.

2 comments:

Martha Bechtel said...

What a great name and congratulations Kirsten! I loved reading through the all the suggestions, there were some great names in there. :)

Deb did a beautiful job with the chestnut; she has such a sweet expression on her face. Wish I lived across the water so the shipping wasn't as insane. *wistful sigh* Ah well, I shall admire her from afar! :D

Kelly's Studio said...

Thanks so much for your comment Martha, Deb's work is just getting better and better, her photography skills are also brilliant, I just love the photos she sends me!

I've kept the postage as low as possible on the models but I totally hear you on that, postage rates just seem to be climbing and climbing, I often wonder how much longer I'll be able to work with such an international hobby.

Cheers, Kelly