About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Thursday 5 April 2012

Last call for Competition entries!

Wow.  Just W.O.W.  I haven’t taken a tally today but the entrants for this competition are in the hundreds, and the names offered are higher than that!  THANK YOU to everyone who has entered so far, there are some real corkers in there and a few that have surprised me too!

If you haven’t entered yet, there is still time, I’m going to close entries overnight tomorrow night, I’m saying midnight but given those that are entering are all over the world, as long as you enter before Midnight Friday (your time), you’re in with a chance of winning an unpainted resin copy (clean) of the Broodmare model.  To enter see the post below this one on my blog page www.kelly-savage.blogspot.com

She is now in the hands of Horsing Around who will be casting the bulk of the edition.  I have also made a mold and will cast a few copies myself but with the wedding only one month away (argh!!), I can’t commit any time to casting myself.

I’ve not stated how the edition will go yet, that’s because I’m not sure.  I toyed with the idea of a limited time edition, where all deposits must be paid by a certain date and then the orders are closed, total tallied and that is the edition size.  I posted about this on Facebook but it got very little response (well, none actually) so I’m thinking that although this is a lovely way for ME to do the edition, it doesn’t suit those buying so well, so, I’m back to square one.  I like to be transparent so want to give the edition size up front, I just don’t know how many to offer.  I’ll mull it over more over the holiday weekend and should have it worked out by next week when I’ll make the official announcement, so bear with me, full details will be given out soon!

In the mean-time, I took some more photos of the broodmare.  Now, when I send the model to Horsing Around I first spray it with primer, then I sand that until it’s nice and smooth.  So the model they get is smooth, but rarely pretty, so, I took these photos before that final smoothing session so that you can see her in one sold colour rather than all patchy (as I so often present her to you) so if there are rough spots showing on these pics, they should be nice and smooth on the final casts.

DSC05221DSC05213DSC05214DSC05215DSC05216DSC05217DSC05218DSC05219DSC05220

I hope you like her, I feel I moved forward sculpting this model, my confidence is starting to build and I’m really looking forward to the next project; The Hullabaloo Foal Smile

No comments: