About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Saturday 7 January 2012

Pickle Update

Well, I didn't think I'd have much time to work on Pickle last night but by 9pm I had a chance to grab my tools and get to work again.  I got totally engrosses and 7.5 hours later I'd replaced the back legs with a firmer grade of clay and got a tonne of work done on her.  I think that the body is a touch too short but I'm not letting that worry me for now as it will be much easier to deal with that when she's in resin (thanks to Morgen Kilbourne for that one!).

Pics can be found in Picasa here but here's a quick look:


The back legs are green as I have replaced the Chavant Le Beau Touche with Chavant NSP grade medium, which is still much softer than the clay I usually use but is less sticky than the red Le Beau Touche.

I'm really enjoying this new little project, even though it will be a very small run I'm so glad I took the trip outside my confort zone to try these new clays and it's given me a tonne of confidence for the next model I tackle.

No comments: