About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Monday 9 January 2012

Pickle Update

Well, after Friday evening’s marathon session I took Saturday night off, but last night I had the opportunity for a few more hours tinkering with Pickle V3.

Here she is now, not much change to her off side since the last update…

DSC00456

…but this is because I mostly worked on her front near-side leg, which I am considering complete (in the clay stage – more tweaks will be done when she’s in resin):

DSC00460

More pics here (newest first)

I’m still trying very hard to to over-think this model as I sculpt,  I know there are a few issues that I will need to address in the resin stage such as the short body and the head attachment.  As this is to be such a small run I am using it almost as an experimental piece, allowing my creativity and the subconscious part of me to lead the way.  I’m realising just how much I have learnt during my struggles with Jasper which has been a real eye opener, so even if Pickle V3 doesn’t turn out to be absolutely anatomically correct in every way, she will represent my abilities and my take on the horse much more personally than previous models, as I have always tried to provide what I feel people want, or what will cast best, or photograph well.  Pickle is, quite honestly, a little piece of me.

No comments: