About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Pickle Update

Sadly, along with many other artists and creative folk, it appears I share some tendencies with Sarah Minkiewicz-Bruenig, in that when I feel inspired and try to keep up with the ideas spilling from my mind, I inevitably end up overdoing it and keeling over! 

Sarah has been having a rough time this last few weeks as she has be overdoing things spectacularly for months now trying to keep up with her own amazing talents and discoveries and the incessant demand for her work from, well, the likes of you and me.  She is now taking some strongly-prescribed rest and will no doubt bounce back with some more astounding creative works for us to enjoy.  Sarah’s blog has some excellent advice and wisdom on how to manage the creative mind, it’s well worth a look if you haven’t already.

Exhaustion is something I think we all blindly head into sometimes and Sarah’s recent experience serves as a good reminder that sometimes projects need to proceed at a speed more friendly to the human mind and body, regardless of how much our minds want us to plough on.  Luckily my body and mind won’t allow me to push myself to the edge in the same way that Sarah does and last night I suffered only from a blinding headache that refused to budge regardless of what kind of remedy I tried!  Sitting doing nothing doesn’t come easily to me and several times Adam had to stop me from staring at Pickle as she sat there on her armature beckoning for me to do more work on her.

So, there was no progress on Pickle last night, but the evening before I did manage to squeeze in just a couple of hours to do a little work on her off-side front leg.  I’m not convinced Pickle’s legs are fine enough to represent the Arab breed, I’m doing my homework on this and would love to hear your thoughts on this particular issue.  I’m yet to work more on the back legs, perhaps when I do that and lengthen the body she will balance out a little.  I feel a PhotoShop session coming on…!

DSC00485

More photos can be found here, newest pics at the top.

The Babysitter: I received some news from Barry, he is currently casting the US edition of the model (all paid orders will ship out soon), he sent me photos of the mold he made and he is using a similar method to the one he used for casting Karen Gerhardt’s gentle cob resin “Roundabout” a few months ago; casting the “right” way up (as opposed to the more traditional up-side-down method) with the pour hole on the horse’s rump.  Look out on Lynn’s blog, The Babysitter may be featured there shortly.

No comments: