About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Tuesday 4 November 2008

Another little sketch

Is it November already?!?! How'd that happen? I finished this little sketch last night, it measures about 4.5" wide (the drawn part, as it was done on a corner of an A3 sheet). I used my Faber Castell PITT pens for this; the same pens I used on the horse sketch in my last post. This is a drawing of Amber, one of our two Bengal cats.
I also have a new commission! I've been asked to draw a portrait of a gorgeous golden coloured German Shepherd dog, as a gift to his owner who lots him earlier this year. I'm going to be using pastel pencils for this one, and it is being drawn on a larger paper than I've used previously (I like small!) 16"x12". I've only done the eyes and part of the nose so far, but I can already see the difference with using pastels over normal coloured pencils, the colours are far more vibrant! More on that portrait later, as I've not taken any pics to share yet.

1 comment:

Josie said...

Love her Kelly! I wish I could draw like that!