About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Wednesday 12 November 2008

RESS Windward

  • Urgh, just when I think it's safe to ditch the bullets, the paragraphs get all mushed together again! Apologies for that - I'll play safe with the bullets again this time (that was an odd sentence to write!)
  • Now, the reason that some of my sculptures are on hold, well, one of them anyway, is thanks to a wonderful thing that has happened. Jasper, the trad scale Percheron model I've been working on (forever!) has been accepted into the RESS Windward program!!
  • The RESS Windward program was set up to help people just like me - sculptors who want to produce an accurate, well balanced and realistic equine sculpture to a high standard, but who have stalled and need a little expert help to get to that final stage.
  • Windward is a relatively new program for RESS, just one person has been involved before me. Michelle Platt entered her sculputre of a mule called Festus. The review and critique was offered by Lyn Fraley; a very highly regarded sculptor who's works are incredible; and were submitted into the RESS bi-annual newsletter called The Boat. I was just so incredibly impressed with the critique that I went for it, and was accepted for the 2009 Winter edition, which is to be released in January '09.
  • So, as I've not submitted my images for review Jasper is on hold, but when I receive my critique I'll be steaming ahead with him, and with a bit of luck might even get him finished!
  • It's been a long journey with Jasper, so far I've been working on him for over 4 years! It would be such a buzz to finslly get him completed and cast, even if just for a few copies for myself.
  • More to come!

No comments: