About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Edible delights all everywhere I looked!

  • Sometimes, you just CANNOT be good. However well-intentioned you are (which to be honest, I'm not very!) sometimes you just find yourself surrounded by edible delights that are just so indulgent, you just have to throw conscience to the wind and enjoy them!
  • Last weekend was one of those times. On Friday I went to visit my friend Emily Prouse. She's one of the "ones-to-watch" in this hobby, her finishwork is incredible and her re-scuplting is showing great promise. She's still at school so when I go to visit her, I also get to meet up with her parents, who are two of the most creative and inspirational people I know - I can easily see how Emily has become such a talent!
  • Anyway, on Friday I made a quick visit to say hi and to pick up a gorgeous painted copy of Pickle V2 that Emily kindly offered to paint as a 30th Birthday gift to me! We had talked about colours and as I already have a gray copy and a deep bay pinto copy, and as Mulberry gray is practically unheard of in Arab horses; Emily painted this copy to a beautifully rich, colourful Rose Gray. In this photo the eyes aren't glossed but I can vouch for their quality (Emily does FANTASTIC eyes!) and there is also a multitude of little hair-details that you can't even see in the photo.
  • THANK YOU Emily, this is a super-special model that I will cherish! :o)

  • Whilst visiting Emily, it was a lovely surprise to find that her Mom had baked a cake for my visit - how lovely is that?! This cake, my, oh my, this cake... well, the photo below should show just how gorgeously indulgently FABULOUS this cake was - we each had a more-than-generous slice topped with vanilla ice-cream, mmmmm!!! Just look at that steam, fresh from the oven gooey richness.
  • You know you have a great friend when they know just what level of indulgence to offer (in my case - EXTREME!)!!
Now, on to something not edible, but generally food-based. Now I know I'm late here, but that's the story of my life (living a few paces behind the rest of the world!). I've never carved a pumpkin before - now I know I was a week late with this one, but we'd bought it ready for Guy-Fawkes but not had a chance to carve it; we had a big fireworks bach over the weekend at Adam's parents' house so I took the opportunity and carved this guy - he's munching a cucumber end. I was quite pleased for a first attempt! I also found it very therapeutic, but perhaps that's my Savage side coming out...!
The final icing on the cake, so to speak, came not from me, but from Adam - he's a bit handy in the kitchen when we're not restricted to dinner "a-la-ding", and he fancied making some home-made marshmallows for the family event. Ok, they may not look as neat and tidy as the supermarket types, but that just added to the home-made speciality of them and they tasted great!! This plate-full was kept back and we brought it home, and during this week (we're only on Wednesday!!) the marshmallows have steadily disappeared - now I know I didn't eat ALL of them... ;o)
Back to more artistic endeavours next time, I just felt I had to share in these delights!

No comments: