About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Broodmare Update

I’ve been delayed on progress on this little miss for best part of a week, but I never posted the latest photos of her, so here she is as of now, I’m hoping to make more progress with her tonight and get her finished soon.

I’ve tweaked her here and there, resculpted her rear n/s back end and worked on her neck (not finished with that yet).  I’ve also lowered her leg joints slightly, as you can see in the fist photo where the n/s knee is lower than the o/s (I’ve gone too far here, but will be refining it tonight so it will appear slightly higher than it is now.  I enlarged all the tiny air bubbles on her belly so the effect is quite exaggerated where I’ve filled them in.  I’ll let the pictures do the talking now, I hope to have another update for you soon:

DSC04787DSC04788DSC04789DSC04790DSC04791DSC04792DSC04793DSC04794DSC04795DSC04796DSC04797DSC04798DSC04799

2 comments:

Lynn W said...

I saw this picture of a retired OTTB broodmare and she totally reminds me of your mare.
http://www.lopetx.org/horses-available/thoroughbreds/horses/thoroughbred-belle.jpg

Kelly's Studio said...

Hi Lynn, thank you SO much for that picture - I've been really struggling to find reference photos of a horse with her head in this position - lots of grazing horses but non with their head raised and to the side like this. Now I can make sure my model's neck is accurate - you're a complete superstar!!
Thanks!