About Me

My photo
Based in Northampton, UK, I live with my husband Adam, our Cocker Spaniel Bruno and Deeley the Bengal cat. I work full time as a Creative Artist / 3D Designer and part-time with my creative endeavours. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my work and other random ramblings, from the satisfying successes to the catastrophic failures! Still, it's all good fun, which is kind of the whole point really...

Thursday 8 March 2012

She’s almost complete!

Well I’ve been working my backside off trying to have this little mare finished in time for the show on Saturday.  Since Tuesday she’s gone from this:

DSC04334

…to this…

DSC04337

…to this…

DSC04352

…to this!

DSC04357

And the other side has gone from this:

DSC04336

…to this…

DSC04341

…to this…

DSC04353

…to this!

DSC04358

I have made substantial changes to her over the last few days – the white areas are NOT just untouched resin, no I’ve carved, filed and sanded every bit of her, reworking muscle groups, refining details that have been lost over time, adding bulk (lots of it!), subtly changing her face to a more maternal expression, and of course adding the mane and forelock.

I’m not sure whether I will try to finish her off completely in this state, I really need to see her without the patchiness but I don’t want to spray her with primer as I’ve spent a great deal of time sharpening up her details.  I usually cast a grey resin copy to work on, but as I didn’t cast The Babysitter I had to work with a white copy this time.

I may change my mind, but at the moment I’m planning on taking a waste mold of her tonight and casting out a grey copy tomorrow which I can take with me to the Show on Saturday.  Then I can perfect and tweak the grey copy (using Apoxie Sculpt in Silver, which matches the grey) to use as a mold master.

I’m planning on running a competition much like the one I did for Fly Fishing, as I’m not happy with just calling her “Very Little Lady”.  I feel there is a better name out there for her, don’t add any suggestions just yet though, I will post a blog specifically for that soon.

I hope you like the way she’s turned out, I can’t wait to see her all painted up with a matching Very Little One and her own Babysitter on standby.

1 comment:

Clare said...

She is turning out to be so beautiful. :D